Tuesday 14 December 2010

Digipak - Album Cover

This piece is my final choice for the album cover and back.
I rejected my other ideas as, after receiving some criticism from other members in the class, we all felt the photos to be more suitable for a magazine cover rather than album.

This is the cover:



This photo is the original image:





Here were some primary ideas for my album front cover and/or insert.
In each I attempted the main focus to be placed upon the lead singer (Sam) whereas the rest of the band faded into the background of the picture, this idea has come about from the similar bands that have used the idea of front lining the lead singer, e.g. Billy Talent, The Rocket Summer etc

However whilst doing these photos the battery to my camera ran out so instead of getting the band members to wear the same clothing I will just do all the pictures again. I may choose to continue some of these photo ideas further but I will not be using these photos in the final album cover.










Instead of using these for the cover I have considered using them as inserts in the album to show the true nature of the band to those who buy the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment