Saturday 3 July 2010

Initial Ideas

I am more inclined towards the idea of creating a music video with strong narrative, with preferably a slow soundtrack so as I can use longer shots that take up more time.
I would prefer my narrative to be non-linear so as I create an enigma for the audience, therefore I will probably not be following the traditional 'Propp's Theory' in my production as this theory follows equilibrium-disequilibrium-equilibrium.

Here is my main inspiration of narrative based music videos :



I chose this because it demonstrates a typical performance/narrative structure that bands often do, for example, the video flicks between shots of the band (performance) whilst following the couple round in their story (narrative).
I like the sadness between the couple, it adds for an interesting narrative as the audience will want to know what happened between the boy and girl, and if they'll still remain as a couple.
I also like the use of the natural setting the couple start off in, it demonstrates to me that this image is more relaxing to watch in comparison to the shots of war that follow, I am considering using this sort of contrast too.

No comments:

Post a Comment